Apply to the IEEA
Applications for Phase 4 are now closed.
Preparing to make an application
Please make sure that you study the Application Guidance in detail before making your application. This contains full details of the process, requirements, competition scope, eligibility, funding rules, and scoring criteria , along with project management requirements should your application be successful. For further details please review the scope and eligibility criteria and the FAQs.
Making your application
All applications must be made through the Smart Survey application form, by clicking on the 'Start your application' button below.
However you can download a copy of the full application form in Word to view all the questions, and the information you will need to supply. You may wish to use this to draft your application and share it with partners – and then copy the answers to the online form before the application deadline. As part of your application, you will also need to complete and upload a competition finance form. The application form (both Word and online versions) also contains links to several templates that will need to be completed as part of your application (e.g. tables to list out benefits, and work packages).
Please allow plenty of time to fill in and submit the Smart Survey application form. Forms submitted after the deadline will not be considered. All applications must be made using the online form, and e-mail submissions will not be admissible.
If you have any difficulties downloading any of the supporting templates, or accessing the smart survey form, please contact us on email@example.com.
- Application guidance - please read this in detail before completing your application.
- FAQs - please find a list of frequently asked questions
- Copy of Application form in Word – to view the information you will need to supply. You may use this to draft your application and share with partners – and then copy the answers to the online form before the application deadline.
- Copy of the Finance form – you will need to fill in this finance form as part of your application.
- Draft grant funding agreement - a draft of the grant funding agreement should your application be successful.
The application form has been updated on 17 August 2022, to reflect the correct weighting of the scoring criteria and is now in line with the application guidance.
How to apply webinar
Watch the webinar below for a step-by-step guide on how to apply to the IEEA.
The IEEA is delivered by the Carbon Trust with support from Jacobs and KTN.