Meeting the Net Zero challenge: bringing innovation to industry
Discover how innovation can help industry meet the net zero challenge, through key note speakers, expert panel discussions and case studies
The UK's net zero target means a step-change in the ambition to decarbonise UK’s industry. In 2018, industry represented 16% of the country’s greenhouse gas emissions, being the third largest emitter after energy production and transport. Accelerating the deployment of innovative technologies will help cut carbon emissions, while maintaining a competitive and thriving sector. We have a clear destination, now let’s plot the journey.
By attending this event, you will:
- Understand the scope of the net zero challenge and the urgency for industry to meet it, with key note speakers such as Mark Taylor, Deputy Director Energy Innovation at BEIS.
- Hear from a panel of industry leaders on how adopting innovative technologies can bring significant carbon and cost savings to businesses.
- Find out how corporations are overcoming the challenges faced when setting their own decarbonisation targets.
- Learn about the real energy and cost savings achieved by the innovative demonstration projects supported through the first and second phase of the BEIS Industrial Energy Efficiency Accelerator (IEEA).
Who should attend?
- Industrial companies from all industrial sectors including energy intensive industries, process industries, the manufacturing sector, water & waste treatment companies.
- Industrial equipment suppliers and developers of new energy and resource efficient technologies for industry.
- Investors seeking to finance innovations that can reduce carbon emissions and enhance efficiency.
- Research organisations, universities, and consultants involved in innovation deployment.
This event will be taking place on Tuesday 30 November and Wednesday 1 December between 09:30 and 13:00 GMT.
Launch and networking event
View the recording of our launch and networking event to find out more about the BEIS Industrial Energy Efficiency Accelerator (IEEA), how to apply for it and to network with promising innovators and forward-thinking industrial sites to discuss potential energy/resource efficiency technologies and potential opportunities for partnering via the IEEA.
By watching this session you will:
- Hear how the IEEA fits in with other funding programmes and the UK industrial decarbonisation strategy.
- Learn from previous IEEA participants about their experience as part of the programme
- Find out how to apply for funding and the support available to help you complete your application
Who is this session for?
- Developers of energy and resource efficient technologies for industry
- Industrial companies from all manufacturing sectors including metals, chemicals, food & drink, glass, plastics, mineral products, engineering and more.
- Research organisations, universities, consultants involved with the deployment of efficient technologies for industry
Watch the recording of our introductory webinar to find out about the next phase of the BEIS Industrial Energy Efficiency Accelerator (IEEA) and how it aims to accelerate the development and the adoption of energy and/or resource efficient low carbon technologies in industry.
By viewing this webinar you will:
- Understand how will the IEEA support the demonstration of innovative technologies with the potential to cut carbon emissions, while bolstering UK's industry competitiveness.
- Find out how to access part of the £8 million funds available for UK-based demonstration projects.
The BEIS IEEA is delivered by the Carbon Trust with support from Jacobs and KTN.