Attend a stakeholder clinic
Book some dedicated time with the Carbon Trust, Jacobs and/or KTN experts to discuss your potential projects, the scope of the competition, how to apply for funding, the eligibility criteria, potential project partners, the level of support available and much more. This is a unique opportunity to get some dedicated time with IEEA management and technical teams.
Thursday 26 May, 13:00 - 17:00 Thursday 30 June, 13:00 - 17:00 Thursday 28 July, 13:00 - 17:00
BEIS IEEA - Briefing & networking event
Join our briefing and networking event to find out more about how to apply for the programme and to connect with other innovators and/or forward-thinking industrial sites to discuss potential opportunities for partnering via the IEEA. By attending this session, you will:
- Hear how the IEEA fits in with other funding programmes and the UK industrial decarbonisation strategy.
- Hear how previous IEEA projects have benefitted from being part of the programme.
- Find out how to apply for funding and the support available to help you complete your application.
- Opportunity to network with promising innovators presenting their technologies and interested industrial sites looking for efficiency technologies to test.
Who should attend?
- Developers of energy and resource efficient technologies for industry.
- Industrial companies from all manufacturing sectors including metals, chemicals, food & drink, glass, plastics, mineral products, engineering and more.
- Research organisations, universities, consultants involved with the deployment of efficient technologies for industry. Thursday 19 May 2022, 09:30 - 11:00 BST
Introduction to the IEEA
Meeting the Net Zero challenge: bringing innovation to industry
Discover how innovation can help industry meet the Net Zero challenge, through key note speakers, expert panel discussions and case studies
The UK's Net Zero target means a step-change in the ambition to decarbonise UK’s industry. In 2018, industry represented 16% of the country’s greenhouse gas emissions, being the third largest emitter after energy production and transport. Accelerating the deployment of innovative technologies will help cut carbon emissions, while maintaining a competitive and thriving sector. We have a clear destination, now let’s plot the journey.
In this event, you will:
- Understand the scope of the Net Zero challenge and the urgency for industry to meet it, with key note speakers such as Mark Taylor, Deputy Director Energy Innovation at BEIS and Julia King, Baroness Brown of Cambridge and chair of the Carbon Trust.
- Hear from a panel of industry leaders on how adopting innovative technologies can bring significant carbon and cost savings to businesses.
- Find out how corporations are overcoming the challenges faced when setting their own decarbonisation targets.
- Learn about the real energy and cost savings achieved by the innovative demonstration projects supported through the first and second phase of the BEIS Industrial Energy Efficiency Accelerator (IEEA).
The BEIS IEEA is delivered by the Carbon Trust with support from Jacobs and KTN.